Lesa Snider. Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual. June 2010. Pap/Psc edition
You'd be hard-pressed to find a published image that hasn't spent some quality time in Adobe Photoshop. With new features such as Content-Aware Fill and Puppet Warp, Photoshop CS5 is more amazing -- and perhaps more bewildering -- than ever. That's where this full-color Missing Manual comes in. It covers Photoshop from a practical standpoint, with tips, tricks, and practical advice you can use every day to edit photos and create beautiful documents.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced pixel pusher ready to try advanced techniques, author and graphics pro Lesa Snider offers crystal-clear, jargon-free instructions to help you take advantage of these powerful tools -- not only how they work, but when you should use them. Describing the CS4 edition, bestselling Photoshop author Scott Kelby wrote, "Lesa did a great job on the book, and in my mind, it is the new Photoshop Bible."
- Learn your way around Photoshop's revamped workspace
- Get up to speed on essential features such as layers and channels
- Edit images by cropping, resizing, retouching, working with color, and more
- Create paintings and illustrations, work with text, and explore filters
- Prepare images for printing or the Web, and learn how to protect your images online
- Work smarter and faster by automating tasks and installing plug-ins
Written with the clarity, humor, and objective scrutiny, Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual is the friendly, thorough resource you need.